Telehealth allows health care professionals to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients at a distance using technology. The AOPT family is offering this option to patients that need treatment but cannot safely or comfortably enter our office. We can bring the clinic to your very own living room!
Common Telehealth Services Provided by Physical Therapists
- Orthopedic Physical therapy
- Geriatric Physical Therapy
- Neurological Physical Therapy
- Follow-up/Monitoring visits
- Chronic Condition Management
- Post-Hospitalization Care
- Sports Medicine
What Does a Telehealth Appointment Look Like?
- In accordance with HIPAA, all visits will be in an encrypted, secure Zoom meeting to protect the therapist and patient confidentiality
- Discuss your goals, current pain level, and any questions pertaining to the Home Exercise Program
- Therapist will take patients through stretches, strengthening exercises, balance/proprioception, within a safe space of their home.
- Discuss treatment plan, check-in with therapists to stay up to date on plan of care
Why Telehealth? Is it as good as in-person appointments?
While in person appointments are irreplaceable, Telehealth has many benefits for our patients:
- Continue with your treatment plan at home if you must self-isolate from Covid-19 exposure
- Flexibility in scheduling and avoid common barriers that cause patients to miss appointments such as childcare, transportation, or work schedule
- Keep up with your plan of care while you are away from the clinic! Patients that meet their prescribed visits have higher success rates and better outcomes than patients that miss appointments.